This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
makewhatis does not like geoiplookup
- From: David Arnstein <arnstein at panix dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 17:53:18 -0500
- Subject: makewhatis does not like geoiplookup
- Reply-to: arnstein at pobox dot com
I installed the new geoip package announced today. Then I did
For some reason, the "database" /var/cache/man/whatis did not pick up
any of the geoip executables: geoiplookup, geoipupdate, etc.
The "man" pages for these executables are in place:
My MANPATH environment variable is
Other man pages in /usr/share/man/man1 do show up in the whatis
"database," such as basename(1).
I realize that this is not a major issue, but I would like to
understand how the "man" software works in this case.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html