This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Perl under cygwin in CPAN problem
- From: "Gerrit P. Haase" <freeweb at nyckelpiga dot de>
- To: Linda Walsh <cygwin at tlinx dot org>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 22:18:49 +0100
- Subject: Re: Perl under cygwin in CPAN problem
- References: <43D4627B.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: "Gerrit P. Haase" <freeweb at nyckelpiga dot de>
sorry, my mailer is stupid and doesn't know how to create
linefeed in UTF-8, however it sends mail in UTF-8 quite
> Was trying to load some new packages in CPAN under perl
> in cygwin. I noticed a problem when it asked for prereqs:
> It wouldn't accept "CR" to terminate the input -- only "LF".
I don't think I get this right. How do I distinguish between
LF and CR? Just hitting <ENTER> at the keyboard should do it?
> I tried reloading CPAN -- that pulled up the reconfigure
> dialog for some new parameters -- then I find the same
> problem in the config dialog where CPAN wants all of it's
> parameters (to create a new "~/.cpan/CPAN/Myconfig.pm").
> I try typing the first param and hitting "LF" and the the
> configure dialogue whips by takin the defaults for all of
> the configure questions.
> At this point, I don't know if it is "cygwin", cygwin-perl
> or something else. I don't get the same behavior on my
> linux box but the installed packages are not identical.
> Anyone else seeing problems like this or have ideas
> how to find where the problem might be?
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html