This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: bootstrap error
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Cc: emacs-devel at gnu dot org, Eli Zaretskii <eliz at gnu dot org>
- Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 12:38:26 +0100
- Subject: Re: bootstrap error
- References: <TheMailAgent.2fc981321cc4626@2065d912b26ccc1a08b06> <email@example.com> <TheMailAgent.a686fa12c0ad5d@2bcd1052fb624633411c> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <TheMailAgent.60590a87522fa@2cf673661b751e3314e5f> <email@example.com> <TheMailAgent.1cc17c8887522fa@4662b821b1c25d9bcaa4f> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <TheMailAgent.1b146ae487522fa@a0a3914882a6727cc9c>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com, emacs-devel at gnu dot org
On Jan 30 11:11, Alexander Klimov wrote:
> On Sun, 29 Jan 2006, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> > Then it's probably a good idea to post the information you found on
> > the Cygwin mailing list. Perhaps they will be able to suggest
> > solutions or otherwise shed some light on this problem.
> The problem is that I have no idea what to tell them: temacs fails
> with DLL 1.5.19-4 but dumps emacs with DLL 1.5.18-1 is not a
> reasonable bug report.
> Let me put the question differently: what was changed between 18-1 and
> 19-4 in the DLL (note that .h files are irrelevant since I used temacs
> built with 19-4).
> Cygwin gurus, the start of the thread is here
Sorry, I can't make a lot out of this error report. Please try to nail
down the problem somewhat further, for instance, by providing a minimal
testcase which allows to reproduce the problem with a minimum of
Since this revolves around malloc, it might be worth to note that two
changes to malloc have been made in Cygwin between 1.5.18 and 1.5.19.
First, we switched from Doug Lea's malloc implementation version 2.8.0
to 2.8.3, second, due to a reworked mmap implementation, which uses
simple VirtualAlloc for private anonymous maps, we lowered the
DEFAULT_MMAP_THRESHOLD from 16 Megs to the usual default of 256K.
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Project Co-Leader cygwin AT cygwin DOT com
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html