This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: After update from 1.5.18 to 1.5.19, xemacs 21.4.13 can only run from bash
- From: René Berber <r dot berber at computer dot org>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Cc: xemacs-beta at xemacs dot org
- Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2006 15:26:26 -0600
- Subject: Re: After update from 1.5.18 to 1.5.19, xemacs 21.4.13 can only run from bash
- Openpgp: url=ldap://keyserver.pgp.com
- References: <0C260F619E428642BFA6380177C3ADF302192453@exmsea005.us.wamu.net>
Karr, David wrote:
> I have a desktop icon for running Xemacs 21.4.13. This has been working
> fine. Just today, I upgraded Cygwin from 1.5.18 to 1.5.19. Now when I
> double-click the icon, it does nothing. I then tried pasting the path
> to it into a DOS cmd prompt, and it still does nothing. I then executed
> it directly from a bash prompt, and that worked.
And the command you are running is?
> I have a similar icon for 21.4.18, and that doesn't demonstrate the same
> problem, although 21.4.18 always runs a cmd window in the background,
> which 21.4.13 does not.
I think what affected your installation is a change of version of Xemacs not the
This works for me with no problem:
that is the target of the shortcut. If you set the icon of this shortcut to use
the xemacs executable icon (i.e. C:\Cygwin\bin\xemacs-21.4.18.exe) that will
show the icon until the next change of version.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html