This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: updating DB_File in Perl: where would be db.h?
- From: René Berber <r dot berber at computer dot org>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 19:33:21 -0600
- Subject: Re: updating DB_File in Perl: where would be db.h?
- Openpgp: url=ldap://keyserver.pgp.com
- References: <43D8212F.email@example.com> <43D82432.A1DD1845@dessent.net>
Brian Dessent wrote:
> Linda Walsh wrote:
>>I installed all 5 versions, but none of them have a "db.h".
>>Anyone know what package I might install to enable building
>>of DB_File module?
> Headers and import libraries are in the -devel package. The main
> package just contains the files necessary at runtime, if you intend to
> compile things that use the library you need the -devel package.
> Next time use http://cygwin.com/packages/ or "cygcheck -p" to search the
> contents of packages.
Also you have to edit config.in inside the DB_File package, it has the locations
where it looks for headears and libs set to /usr/local/BerkeleyDB or something
similar. I just ran into this yesterday.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html