This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
RE: Cygwin Setup: Fatal Error: Uncaught Exception
- From: Igor Peshansky <pechtcha at cs dot nyu dot edu>
- To: Dave Korn <dave dot korn at artimi dot com>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 13:37:36 -0500 (EST)
- Subject: RE: Cygwin Setup: Fatal Error: Uncaught Exception
- References: <001501c621dc$0229e6a0$a501a8c0@CAM.ARTIMI.COM>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Wed, 25 Jan 2006, Dave Korn wrote:
> Igor wrote:
> > I've looked at this a bit. Here's the weird part: the error
> > says "Uncaught Exception", but all the throws of that
> > exception appear to be properly wrapped in try/catch blocks.
> > So a simple "change exception into an mbox" kind of solution
> > won't work here. More debugging is needed.
> That's because the io_stream code throws an invalid_argument, which is
> derived from std::exception, but our code only catches Exception, which
> is our custom exception type.
Nope. It's the same old Exception, and it is indeed uncaught -- I just
missed one use. See the rest of the thread, plus the patch on
|\ _,,,---,,_ email@example.com | firstname.lastname@example.org
ZZZzz /,`.-'`' -. ;-;;,_ Igor Peshansky, Ph.D. (name changed!)
|,4- ) )-,_. ,\ ( `'-' old name: Igor Pechtchanski
'---''(_/--' `-'\_) fL a.k.a JaguaR-R-R-r-r-r-.-.-. Meow!
"Las! je suis sot... -Mais non, tu ne l'es pas, puisque tu t'en rends compte."
"But no -- you are no fool; you call yourself a fool, there's proof enough in
that!" -- Rostand, "Cyrano de Bergerac"
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html