This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
help with cygwin uninstall (RTFM'd unsuccessfully)
- From: Banibrata Dutta <bdutta dot ml at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 15:21:56 +0530
- Subject: help with cygwin uninstall (RTFM'd unsuccessfully)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Having RTFM'd the FAQ & User's Guide, doing this post.
I want to uninstall Cygwin completely (and then intend to do a fresh
install). So here are questions :-
1) How to find out what are the Cygwin specific "services" that are installed ?
2) I've done a "umount -A" and closed Cygwin window. After this, I've
changed permissions of entire cygwin install dir. to make myself the
owner. Inspite of this, I am unable to delete the "app-defaults.lnk "
from "X11" directory, reason cited is "Access is denied". How is this
possible ? What can I do ?
thanks & regards,
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html