This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
RE: Building Cygwin from CVS
- From: "Dave Korn" <dave dot korn at artimi dot com>
- To: <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 20:29:57 -0000
- Subject: RE: Building Cygwin from CVS
Dave Korn wrote:
> Hmm. My local copy of devices.cc regenerated itself today as well,
> although I didn't notice it fly past in the build.
Mystery solved. Cgf updated devices.h and regenerated devices.cc back in
December, but overlooked doing the regenerate when he reverted the change the
next day. (I can see how that's an easy conceptual mistake to make!)
So anyone who's pulled cvs since Dec 2nd will find this occurring.
Paging CGF! Paging CGF! Please don't forget to put the hippo out for the
night before you leave!
date: 2005/12/02 00:37:21; author: cgf; state: Exp; lines: +2 -2
* devices.h (_major): Revert previous ill-advised change.
date: 2005/12/01 17:33:59; author: cgf; state: Exp; lines: +3 -2
* devices.h (_minor): Coerce argument to proper type before manipulating.
(device::is_fs_special): New function.
* fhandler_disk_file.cc (fhandler_base::fstat_helper): Set the size to 0 for
devices rather than reporting the size of the symlink.
(fhandler_disk_file::readdir): Use is_fs_special to determine if .lnk should
* path.cc: Rename symlink_info::is_symlink to symlink_info::issymlink
(symlink_info::isdevice): New field.
(path_conv::check): Use 'isdevice' to determine if just-parsed entity is a
device rather than relying on non-zero major/minor.
(symlink_info::parse_device): Set isdevice to true if we've discovered a
(symlink_info::check): Clear isdevice field prior to processing. Use isdevice
to control debugging output.
(symlink_info::set): Set isdevice to false.
* path.h (path_conv::is_fs_special): New function.
* devices.cc: Regenerate.
Can't think of a witty .sigline today....
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html