This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
[ADMINISTRIVIA] Please don't use 'cygwin at cygwin dot com' as an email address
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-no-personal-reply-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2006 12:13:08 -0500
- Subject: [ADMINISTRIVIA] Please don't use 'cygwin at cygwin dot com' as an email address
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
The spam trap has caught a few attempts from people who are attempting
to use 'cygwin at cygwin dot com' (i.e., the actual email address) as
their "From: " email address. Please don't do that. It won't work.
This From: address has been used to send spam so its use as a From:
address has been blocked.
Judging by the fact that people try repeatedly to send email with this
From: address, it seems like they are either not getting the bounces
that sourceware is sending or they are being ignored. So, I'm sending
this general note to alert people - just don't do that.
Again, I'm talking about using the real address here, not the mildly
obfuscated one that I've used above.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html