This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: procedure entry point getline could not be located
- From: ericblake at comcast dot net (Eric Blake)
- To: keinnamens at excite dot com, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Cc: "keinnamens at excite dot com" <keinnamens at excite dot com>
- Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2006 05:58:54 +0000
- Subject: Re: procedure entry point getline could not be located
> What further steps can I take to try and fix the error "The procedure entry
> point getline could not be located in the dynamic link library cygwin1.dll"?
Although you did extensive research, you failed to realize that providing
the output of "cygcheck -svr" is essential to helping us determine your
problem. However, my guess is as follows:
You are probably running cygwin 1.5.18 and tried the experimental
findutils 4.2.27-1. This won't work. Findutils 4.2.27 is experimental
for a reason - it depends on getline(), which cygwin1.dll did not
provide until in the snapshots following 1.5.18. To fix the problem,
either downgrade findutils back to the stable 4.2.25-2, or
upgrade cygwin to a current snapshot (see earlier threads from
this week for instructions on installing a snapshot).
volunteer cygwin findutils maintainer
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html