This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: gvim cannot open display.
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 13:45:13 +0100
- Subject: Re: gvim cannot open display.
- References: <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Jan 11 13:41, Bas van Gompel wrote:
> When I start a -- recently installed -- gvim it tells me: ``
> E233: cannot open display
> '', and then stays in console mode.
> This happens on various machines.
> Is it working for anybody? Am I doing something wromg?
Are you running an X terminal? Did you set $DISPLAY correctly? If the
terminal is a remote X terminal, did you allow your Cygwin client to
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Project Co-Leader cygwin AT cygwin DOT com
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html