This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: No takers? (was Re: ssh localhost date # "ls -lu" => remote command not being read)
- From: cygwin at trodman dot com (Tom Rodman)
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 10:34:30 -0600
- Subject: Re: No takers? (was Re: ssh localhost date # "ls -lu" => remote command not being read)
- References: <200512231711.jBNHBvBl016124@tigris.pounder.sol.net> <200512241816.jBOIGULc023975@tigris.pounder.sol.net> <Pine.GSO.email@example.com> <200512261823.jBQINIYK012941@tigris.pounder.sol.net> <Pine.GSO.firstname.lastname@example.org> <200512262231.jBQMVfiD014008@tigris.pounder.sol.net> <200512280538.jBS5clef022489@tigris.pounder.sol.net> <20051230062711.GA30157@trixie.casa.cgf.cx> <20060103225556.GC15348@trixie.casa.cgf.cx> <43BB49E5.email@example.com> <20060104051608.GA24463@trixie.casa.cgf.cx> <Pine.GSO.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Wed 1/4/06 18:39 EST Igor Peshansky wrote:
> On Wed, 4 Jan 2006, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> > On Tue, Jan 03, 2006 at 11:07:01PM -0500, Larry Hall (Cygwin) wrote:
> > >My output seems similar to Igor's, though mine is longer :-( (and therefore
> > >also bzipped) but definitely against the 12/29 snapshot. Hope that helps.
> > I just generated a new snapshot. Does it behave any differently? If not,
> > another strace log would be appreciated.
> This snapshot apparently fixes the "no output in non-interactive shells"
> problem (with sshd started explicitly from a SYSTEM-owned shell), but the
> sshd service does not start (see
> I was unable to interject strace into the service startup mechanism, but
> the Event Log contains the following:
> sshd: PID 5604: starting service `sshd' failed: fork: 0, No error.
> Sshd starts up with no problems from a SYSTEM shell.
THANKS so much to cgf, Igor, and Larry (and any others I missed) for all
your work on this fix! :->
I'm sure you'll let me know if a simple thank-you should have only been mailed
to personal email addresses.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html