This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: expect script hanging: ssh to localhost w/password authentication
- From: cygwin at trodman dot com (Tom Rodman)
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 08 Jan 2006 11:09:56 -0600
- Subject: Re: expect script hanging: ssh to localhost w/password authentication
- References: <200512191700.jBJH0Qw9019385@tigris.pounder.sol.net> <20051220210122.GQ2965@calimero.vinschen.de>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
The expect script listed earlier in this thread is failing
for me again, with the 1/7/2006 snapshot. It does not hang though - will
post details later.
I wonder if the snapshot fix related to:
may account for this? I'm grateful for the fix above (*really*), but
could it have resurrected the expect script problem? - admittedly a WAG.
Sorry, I'm "out of the loop"; have not been following the
cygwin mailing list for about a week..
When I get time, I will post simple log of the failing expect script test case.
On Tue 12/20/05 22:01 +0100 email@example.com wrote:
> On Dec 19 11:00, Tom Rodman wrote:
> > Enclosed is an expect script (to ssh to the localhost with password
> > authentication) that "hangs" (search ahead for "parent: waiting for sync byte")
> > with the Dec 16 snapshot. Please take a look at the working and
> > non-working test cases below.
> Looks like we found the cause for this effect. Please try
> the next developers snapshot (2005-Dec-20 and later) from
> Thanks for the report,
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html