This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: error parsing setup.bz2 in setup.exe
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-no-personal-reply-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2006 13:46:07 -0500
- Subject: Re: error parsing setup.bz2 in setup.exe
- References: <004e01c61158$7e170570$6901a8c0@Sleepy>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Wed, Jan 04, 2006 at 09:58:39AM -0800, Eric Vlach wrote:
>At 8:30am PST, setup worked fine. Then at 8:50am PST, the following error
>occured, and has been occuring ever since:
>Cygwin's setup.exe (using a copy downloaded 1/4/2005, 9:20am) fails to load
>the setup file. After selecting a mirror, it downloads the setup.bz2 file,
>and upon reading it encounters an error. Message box pops up with: "(null)
>line 10196: syntax error, unexpected $undefined, expecting STRING."
>I tried this with a dozen different mirrors, as well as on two other
>computers, with no success. Any ideas?
There was a problem with the setup.ini file on sourceware.org. It should
be fixed now but it will take a while to propagate.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html