This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Q: How to have cygwin start as the whole screen?
- From: martin cohen <mjc_q at yahoo dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 2 Jan 2006 15:54:19 -0800 (PST)
- Subject: Q: How to have cygwin start as the whole screen?
- Reply-to: mjcohen at acm dot org
An earlier version of Cygwin I installed starts taking up
the whole screen with multiple shells. The current version
starts with a single terminal window in what appears to be
a "multiwindow" mode.
I have looked at the man pages for xinit and some others,
but have not found how to open it the original way, which I
prefer (when I run Cygwin, I want to see nothing but
My guess is that I would have to specify the geometry of
the shell windows I want to open, but am unsure how to do
Is there any documentation about this? (I'm sure there is,
but I just haven't looked in the right place or in the
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html