This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: 1.5.18-1: Crash launching COMMAND.COM (W98)
- From: ib at wupperonline dot de (Ingo Brueckl)
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 01 Jan 2006 14:30:00 +0100
- Subject: Re: 1.5.18-1: Crash launching COMMAND.COM (W98)
Christopher Faylor writes:
> ....as would some indication of what you mean by "crash", i.e., maybe
> even running this under gdb to find out precisely where the "crash" is
This dialog appears:
"This program has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down."
Confirming the dialog results in another one. There is no end to this cycle.
Ctrl-Alt-Delete is unresponsive at this time, though Windows continues to
function. Any attempt to shutdown Windows will hang.
The attempt to close the shell will hang that window.
PS: Seems to be still the same problem Sean Gugler reported on 03 Sep 2005
which has - partly - been fixed with the 20050905 snapshot:
* spawn.cc (av::fixup): Do win16 detection for .com files. Make sure
that buffer has been unmapped in all cases.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html