RE: gcc crash (memory?)

I don't know about this. ;) The behavior of g++ itself has not changed so
dramatically---previously it would crash when taking 560MB, but now it
allocates over 600MB, and finished compiling. My guess is that not all
memory calls work the same, or perhaps multiple bugs have been fixed since
the last snapshot...

Dan