This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Inconvenient ghostscript and transfig dependences
- From: "Rodrigo Medina" <rodmedina at cantv dot net>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2005 19:02:41 -0400
- Subject: Inconvenient ghostscript and transfig dependences
- Reply-to: rodmedina at cantv dot net
There are two different gs programs distributed, one linked to the X11
which is put in /usr/X11R6/bin/gs.exe and another no-X11 that goes into
/bin/gs.exe. Here starts the problem: two different programs with the same
name. Actually if you have X11 there is no reason of installing the
Depending on your PATH you get one or the other. In relation to this there
is the inconvenient dependence of transfig on gs-no-X11, which is
installed even if you have gs-X11. SETUP keeps trying to install gs-no-X11.
A pain on the neck.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html