This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Rsync over SSH not working when ZoneAlarm installed
- From: "Larry Hall (Cygwin)" <reply-to-list-only-lh at cygwin dot com>
- To: Zarko Roganovic <zarko79 at hotmail dot com>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 22:06:03 -0500
- Subject: Re: Rsync over SSH not working when ZoneAlarm installed
- References: <loom.20051215T011825email@example.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
Zarko Roganovic wrote:
I'm trying to backup a directory from a Win 2K machine to a Linux server with
rsync -rvc -e "ssh -l testusr" /cygdrive/c/testdir 192.168.1.2:/home/testusr
When I uninstall ZoneAlarm(6.1.737) this same command works fine.
It doesn't help if I shutdown ZoneAlarm, I have to uninstall it. This is a test
machine and I'm willing to run ANY tests that you might suggest. I've included
the cygcheck output with ZoneAlarm installed and when it wasn't.
We actually ask for *attachments* of cygcheck output, not inclusions.
I really need this to work and I would appreciate any help.
This sounds like a firewall configuration problem rather than a Cygwin
software problem. Didn't ZoneAlarm query you when you first tried the
rsync? I thought that was it's modus operandi. In any case, you need
to open port 873 for rsync to run at least. You can check the man page
for more info.
Larry Hall http://www.rfk.com
RFK Partners, Inc. (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office
838 Washington Street (508) 893-9889 - FAX
Holliston, MA 01746
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html