Re: Before Firewall

Alexandre Pereira - Tracker Solutions wrote:
    Good Morning
    I'm before a firewall and I can access the internet .
    In The Windows I configured the proxy address , the port (3128) , my
login and password . I can access without problems .
    But I dont know how I must configure the Cygwin for access the
internet too .
    I used to use the Slackware in my home . I'm trying to use the
Cygwin in the firm but I dont know it , yet .
    Can something  help me ?

You'd be better off stating the problem that you're having directly than
hinting at it.  I can say that if you've set up a proxy on Windows for the
likes of IE, then you will likely want to use the IE settings option in
'setup.exe' (available at www.cygwin.com) to install all the Cygwin
packages you want.  Beyond that, you may need to configure certain apps
that require Internet access similarly.  You can see the documentation
(man, info, /usr/share/doc[/Cygwin]) of specific apps you're interested
in to learn how to set them up.  Overall, it should be no different than
setting them up with Slackware in the same network environment.

Holliston, MA 01746