This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Extracting Debug (meta data) from executable images?
- From: Brian Dessent <brian at dessent dot net>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 08 Dec 2005 05:03:51 -0800
- Subject: Re: Extracting Debug (meta data) from executable images?
- References: <20873954.1134020464223.JavaMail.SYSTEM@CCC-NOVA1>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
Siegfried Heintze wrote:
> I looked in c:\cygwin\usr\doc\ELFIO and there is a nice PDF file that refers
> to the examples directory. Where is this examples directory?
> What is the relationship between stabs and ELF?
ELF is a file format for objects and executables that is used on linux
and other *nixes. It is not used on windows, which uses PE/coff.
Trying to run elfdump on a windows binary will never work.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html