This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Fwd: cygwin tools in context menus
- From: "Tacvek" <unknown_kev_cat at hotmail dot com>
- To: <rbrooks at cyberus dot ca>, <cygwin at cygwin dot com>, <cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2005 16:56:48 -0500
- Subject: Re: Fwd: cygwin tools in context menus
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Brian Dessent said:
C:\cygwin\bin\run bash -c "/usr/X11R6/bin/gv -display localhost:0.0
\"$(cygpath \"%1\")\" &"
This works for me.
Not bad. However, that is less than ideal for emacs.
I have a working solution with the following features:
Uses emacsserver, so that only one copy of emas needs to be in memory at a
Supports windows shortcuts/cygwin symlinks.
Paths with spaces.
Multiple files (Only works right when emacs is already running).
Uses X11. (Requires it to be running already)
It inhierits everythong set in a user's profile and bash_rc.
It is definately emacs specific though.
I will send it to the list before too long, or at least I currently intend
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html