This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
zone alarm service depency problem with sshd
- From: "H. S." <hs dot samix at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2005 00:17:44 -0500
- Subject: zone alarm service depency problem with sshd
I am trying to have sshd running on my Windows XP box. I have Zone Alarm
installed, ver. 6.0.667.
I configured sshd with:
and started as a service:
$> cygrunsrv -S sshd
which promptly made Zone Alarm to ask if sshd should be allowed internet
access. I allowed it's client as well as server access. And it worked
from my other LAN PCs.
But then I noticed that after I rebooted the Windows XP box, I could no
longer ssh to it from another computer even though the sshd service was
running. Zone Alarm was blocking it. I had restart sshd service to make
Zone Alarm ware to allow access to/from it.
A little google search resulted in making Zone Alarm service a
dependency of sshd. So:
1. I removed sshd service using "cygrunsrv -R sshd"
2. I installed it again by making Zone Alarm service as it's dependency:
$> cygrunsrv -I sshd -p /usr/sbin/sshd -f "Cygwin SSH Demon" -y zlclient.exe
4. I rebooted the machine, but still couldn't connect to it via ssh. I
noticed that sshd was not running!
3. So I restarted the service. But I get this error:
$ cygrunsrv -S sshd
cygrunsrv: Error starting a service: StartService: Win32 error 1075:
The dependency service does not exist or has been marked for deletion.
I tried chaning the name of the dependency service to "zlclient" but
that did not make any difference.
Can anybody suggest where I am going wrong?
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html