This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Redirect SSHD messages from Application to Security log in Win2k
- From: Listmail <listmail at ddsap dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 00:17:47 +0000 (UTC)
- Subject: Redirect SSHD messages from Application to Security log in Win2k
Installed cygwin sshd as a service on Win2k Advanced Server yesterday and it
works great. I have 2 issues, not real problems.
1) The sshd messages in the Windows Event Viewer Application log are half junk
and half "real" message. The following junk paragraph appears in every logged
message. How can I get rid of it ?
The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( sshd ) cannot be found. The
local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL
files to display messages from a remote computer.
2) I would like the ssh messages to go to the Security log, as it is empty now
and seems like a logically named place for these events. The application log is
getting full quickly by ssh logon/logoff messages.
Cheers and TIA for the reply and thanks for Cygwin
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html