This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: How to improve scp speed?
- From: René Berber <r dot berber at computer dot org>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 14:20:24 -0600
- Subject: Re: How to improve scp speed?
- Openpgp: url=ldap://keyserver.pgp.com
- References: <BAY105-F1712F63D69D7E18764524FE9480@phx.gbl>
lin q wrote:
> I have 2 Windows XP machines installed with latest cygwin. In using scp
> to copy some large chunk of data, I find that the speed is never over
> 180KB/s. The 2 machines are on the same giga bit sub network.
> I wonder if I can do something to improve the speed?
Perhaps enabling compression will help: scp -C ... (same network speed but
faster transmission times).
That is if the scp process is not CPU limited (either side).
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html