This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: /usr/bin/install problem or what is the coreutils deal?
- From: "Gerrit P. Haase" <gerrit at familiehaase dot de>
- To: Eric Blake <ebb9 at byu dot net>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 19:16:25 +0100
- Subject: Re: /usr/bin/install problem or what is the coreutils deal?
- References: <email@example.com> <438B03C4.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: "Gerrit P. Haase" <gerrit at familiehaase dot de>
> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
> Hash: SHA1
> According to Gerrit P. Haase on 11/25/2005 12:34 PM:
>> recently upgraded another box to the latest greates of all the stuff:
>> $ cygcheck -c coreutils
>> Cygwin Package Information
>> Package Version Status
>> coreutils 5.3.0-9 OK
>> /usr/bin/install -c -m 644 'ffitarget.h'
>> /usr/bin/install: cannot stat `ffitarget.h.exe': No such file or directory
> I'll take a look into that; it may be that the cygwin .exe magic in
> install is not doing the right thing when following symlinks, especially
> since the error message includes ".exe". Meanwhile, does the problem
> still exist if you try the experimental coreutils-5.93-1? (Note, you will
> have to have a recent cygwin snapshot installed to try it.)
Somehow the symlink pointed to a symlink and the target was not found.
Though the rela file was there, I have no idea what happend in detail, I
just replaced the symlinks with the real file and everything was ok.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html