Re: Practical method for automatic Cygwin install?

Igor Pechtchanski wrote:

> Or you could look at how setup.exe/cygcheck does it and help extract the
> mount code into a library that could be linked into other apps.

FWIW, this idea of creating a mingw "libcygpath" really appeals to me
and it's been an idea I've been meaning to look at for a while.  It
would be a library that knows how to read the mount table, and do basic
path conversions, without depending on cygwin1.dll.  Then cygpath and
setup.exe could both statically link to this library, and it would be
available to other users as well.

Brian