This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Where is cygwin bin directory?
- From: fergus <fergus at bonhard dot uklinux dot net>
- To: cygwin <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Cc: fergus <fergus at bonhard dot uklinux dot net>
- Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 22:08:07 +0000
- Subject: Re: Where is cygwin bin directory?
- Reply-to: fergus at bonhard dot uklinux dot net
Maybe you just want access to Cygwin executables from the Windows
command prompt? That's what I sometimes require, and a convenient method
to achieve this is simply to put w:\cygwin\bin in your path. I don't
mount anything anywhere.
Don't forget that a few commands are duplicated in Cygwin and Windows
(eg "find"). If you put the entry w:\cygwin\bin early in the path, then
you will get the Cygwin not the Windows version. Put it late, and you
will get the Windows not the Cygwin version.
(Personally I've put it early.)
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html