This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Folder ftp%3a%2f%2fftp.sunsite.utk.edu%2fpub%2fcygwin remains after install
- From: David Arnstein <arnstein at panix dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 02:57:00 -0500
- Subject: Re: Folder ftp%3a%2f%2fftp.sunsite.utk.edu%2fpub%2fcygwin remains after install
- Reply-to: arnstein at pobox dot com
> Somewhat offtopic and probably FAQ:
> The local package cache fills up with outdated (no longer in
> setup.ini) versions.
> Is there any hidden setup.exe functionality or cleanup script
> available to delete old package files?
I asked this question a long time ago. The answer is that Michael
Chase wrote clean_setup.pl for this purpose.
You can download this perl script from
http://home.ix.netcom.com/~mchase/zip/. I suggest that you search the
mail list archive for clean_setup to see what people have said about
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html