This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Folder ftp%3a%2f%2fftp.sunsite.utk.edu%2fpub%2fcygwin remains after install
- From: Igor Pechtchanski <pechtcha at cs dot nyu dot edu>
- To: Van Snyder <van dot snyder at jpl dot nasa dot gov>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 17:18:53 -0500 (EST)
- Subject: Re: Folder ftp%3a%2f%2fftp.sunsite.utk.edu%2fpub%2fcygwin remains after install
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Mon, 21 Nov 2005, Van Snyder wrote:
> After installing CYGWIN_NT-5.1 lap-fr4zcs84sdc 1.5.18(0.132/4/2)
> 2005-07-02 20:30 i686 on Windows XP or Windows 2000, a folder named ftp%
> 3a%2f%2fftp.sunsite.utk.edu%2fpub%2fcygwin remains on the desktop.
> 4. If it needs to be kept, but need not be kept on the desktop, it
> would be useful if the installer offered an option to put it somewhere
Just one thing to add to what Brian said: setup by default offers to put
the local package cache in the directory that it runs from. If you save
setup to the desktop, that would be the default value for the local
package cache. If you want a different default, save setup somewhere
|\ _,,,---,,_ email@example.com
ZZZzz /,`.-'`' -. ;-;;,_ firstname.lastname@example.org
|,4- ) )-,_. ,\ ( `'-' Igor Pechtchanski, Ph.D.
'---''(_/--' `-'\_) fL a.k.a JaguaR-R-R-r-r-r-.-.-. Meow!
If there's any real truth it's that the entire multidimensional infinity
of the Universe is almost certainly being run by a bunch of maniacs. /DA
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html