This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: strange bash behavior with CYGWIN=tty (was Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: lynx-2.8.5-4)
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-no-personal-reply-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 21:21:30 -0500
- Subject: Re: strange bash behavior with CYGWIN=tty (was Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: lynx-2.8.5-4)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Fri, Nov 18, 2005 at 03:11:34PM -0800, Shankar Unni wrote:
>Rodrigo Medina wrote:
>>The cycheck output is attached.
>Can't see anything odd here. Of course, since you didn't use the '-v'
>and '-r' options, I don't see your environment, or your registry
>But while I was playing around with my own settings to try to reproduce
>this (I normally don't set CYGWIN at all), I ran into something odd with
>bash. (Didn't even get as far as starting lynx).
> env CYGWIN=tty bash
>gave me a bash in which the first command echoes properly, but the
>second and subsequent commands don't echo at all.
Correct. You need to set CYGWIN=tty before you start the first Cygwin
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html