This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: generic-build-script extension to update version numbers in README
- From: Igor Pechtchanski <pechtcha at cs dot nyu dot edu>
- To: Christian Franke <Christian dot Franke at t-online dot de>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 16:31:29 -0500 (EST)
- Subject: Re: generic-build-script extension to update version numbers in README
- References: <437E206C.email@example.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Fri, 18 Nov 2005, Christian Franke wrote:
the build-script of the smartmontools package creates the
"Cygwin/package-*.README" file from
"srcdir/CYGWIN-PATCHES/package.README.in" by replacing VER/REL with the
current version/release numbers.
This might be useful for other packages to avoid extra editing of README
on each minor release.
A patch for generic-build-script 1.43 is attached.
I'd like to discuss this patch, and cygwin-apps@ is the proper place for
this discussion. It's nicer if the whole thread is on one list. Would
you mind resubmitting this patch to cygwin-apps@?
|\ _,,,---,,_ firstname.lastname@example.org
ZZZzz /,`.-'`' -. ;-;;,_ email@example.com
|,4- ) )-,_. ,\ ( `'-' Igor Pechtchanski, Ph.D.
'---''(_/--' `-'\_) fL a.k.a JaguaR-R-R-r-r-r-.-.-. Meow!
If there's any real truth it's that the entire multidimensional infinity
of the Universe is almost certainly being run by a bunch of maniacs. /DA
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html