This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: 1.5.18-1: cannot start executables (except cygcheck.exe) on windows server 2003 web edition
- From: Eric Blake <ebb9 at byu dot net>
- To: Eduard Witteveen <e dot witteveen at HAWARIT dot COM>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 06:29:32 -0700
- Subject: Re: 1.5.18-1: cannot start executables (except cygcheck.exe) on windows server 2003 web edition
- References: <437B25F3.7060501@HAWARIT.COM>
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
According to Eduard Witteveen on 11/16/2005 5:28 AM:
> I also tried to see if the application needed the path in anyway or the
> executable to be started with the current directory specification
>> C:\cygwin\bin>set PATH=c:\cygwin\bin\
Usually, you should leave Windows directories on your PATH, and just
append to it rather than replacing it.
>> '.' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
>> operable program or batch file.
- From cmd, you have to use Windows syntax to invoke a program (.\bash, not
> I was happy to see cygcheck.exe working:
That's because cygcheck is a native windows program that works even if the
rest of cygwin does not.
Please ATTACH, not send inline, the output of cygcheck -svr (your -cvr
output is not as helpful), per the directions here:
> Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Life is short - so eat dessert first!
Eric Blake firstname.lastname@example.org
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.1 (Cygwin)
Comment: Public key at home.comcast.net/~ericblake/eblake.gpg
Comment: Using GnuPG with Thunderbird - http://enigmail.mozdev.org
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html