This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
CDDB and DiscID for Python on cygwin
- From: Jeffrey Barish <jeff_barish at earthlink dot net>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 21:13:17 -0700
- Subject: CDDB and DiscID for Python on cygwin
- Reply-to: jeff_barish at earthlink dot net
I have been trying again to get CDDB and DiscID to work on cygwin. I made
it farther than I did last time I tried: I was able to get cdrommodule.c (a
C extension module to the Python modules) to compile this time (problems
with include files). My program now runs, but it gags when DiscID tries to
read the toc header (cdrom.toc_header(device)). It looks as if the problem
is related to an ioctl:
ioctl(cdrom_fd, CDDB_READ_TOC_HEADER_FLAG, &hdr)
I am accessing the cdrom as /dev/scd0. The open call completes
successfully. Is there a known incompatibility between ioctl and cygwin?
I'm new to cygwin, so I don't know what else to try now.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html