This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Cron does not start - Hangs "Starting"
- From: Igor Pechtchanski <pechtcha at cs dot nyu dot edu>
- To: Arun Biyani <abiyani at unix dot telasic dot com>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2005 14:09:30 -0500 (EST)
- Subject: Re: Cron does not start - Hangs "Starting"
- References: <4378D007.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Mon, 14 Nov 2005, Arun Biyani wrote:
I am trying to get cron to work reliably on my pc (runs Windows XP).
When I type
cygrunsrv -S cron
I get an error message that the service did not respond in a timely
fashion. Looking under services from Control Panel, cron status is
listed as "Starting".
I cannot stop it by using cygrunsrv either.
Known problem, see <http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2005-11/msg00382.html>.
cron was installed using cron-config.
Output of cygcheck -srv is enclosed. /var/log/cron.log has no messages.
There may be messages in the Windows Event Log that could provide a clue
as to what went wrong.
|\ _,,,---,,_ email@example.com
ZZZzz /,`.-'`' -. ;-;;,_ firstname.lastname@example.org
|,4- ) )-,_. ,\ ( `'-' Igor Pechtchanski, Ph.D.
'---''(_/--' `-'\_) fL a.k.a JaguaR-R-R-r-r-r-.-.-. Meow!
If there's any real truth it's that the entire multidimensional infinity
of the Universe is almost certainly being run by a bunch of maniacs. /DA
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html