Re: Problem: sigrelse() in winsup but not defined in signal.h

Hello Igor,

Thankyou for your reply. Firstly, yes I should have done a bit more reading before posting. I did as you suggested and downloaded the latest snapshot (winsup-src-20051108).

The problem that I experienced before still exists in the latest snapshot. sigrelse() is defined in winsup/cygwin/exceptions.cc but is not declared in signal.h (sighold() etc. are all declared here).

Producing a patch to fix this issue is a trivial task which I am more than happy to do. However, as this situation (defined but not declared) is such a show-stopper and cygwin always seems to be well tested I assumed that it was not a bug but some kind of a feature.

In other words, is the function implemented but not defined intentionally to prevent people from using it for some unspecified reason?

Any insight would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Scott