This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: 1.5.18: telnet: tcp/telnet: unknown service
- From: Igor Pechtchanski <pechtcha at cs dot nyu dot edu>
- To: Marcel Kloosterman <m dot l dot kloosterman at xs4all dot nl>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2005 11:20:37 -0500 (EST)
- Subject: Re: 1.5.18: telnet: tcp/telnet: unknown service
- References: <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Wed, 2 Nov 2005, Marcel Kloosterman wrote:
> I've a problem with telnet, ftp and probably more programs. But not ssh.
> I don't know since when this problem appeared on my system,
> 108 13:35:01 telnet.exe:5396 OPEN
> C:\cygwin\bin\%SystemRoot%\System32\drivers\etc\services PATH NOT
> FOUND Options: Open Access: All
Looks like your /etc/services symlink is corrupted. Remove it (and
/etc/hosts, /etc/protocols, /etc/networks), and re-run
|\ _,,,---,,_ firstname.lastname@example.org
ZZZzz /,`.-'`' -. ;-;;,_ email@example.com
|,4- ) )-,_. ,\ ( `'-' Igor Pechtchanski, Ph.D.
'---''(_/--' `-'\_) fL a.k.a JaguaR-R-R-r-r-r-.-.-. Meow!
If there's any real truth it's that the entire multidimensional infinity
of the Universe is almost certainly being run by a bunch of maniacs. /DA
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html