This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: signals and read blocking - EINTR
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-no-personal-reply-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2005 07:50:21 -0500
- Subject: Re: signals and read blocking - EINTR
- References: <S576857AbVKAJkB/20051101094004Zfirstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Tue, Nov 01, 2005 at 02:40:00AM -0700, Jim Easton wrote:
>Christopher Faylor wrote:
>>On Mon, Oct 31, 2005 at 08:49:30PM -0700, Jim Easton wrote:
>>>I'm wondering what am I missing? Is there a flag in sigaction or
>>>something else that I could be setting?
>>Yes. SA_RESTART is the flag.
>and then Samuel Thibault wrote:
>>No: he wants to be _interrupted_. SA_RESTART is used for _not_ being
>>interrupted, i.e. the system restarts the system call itself.
>Thank you both for your help. It's quite true that I do want to be
>interrupted and SA_RESTART is to prevent it.
Which was my point, actually.
I do kinda know this stuff.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html