This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: where can I find the source to the cygwin setup.exe installer?
- From: Brian Dessent <brian at dessent dot net>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2005 00:08:08 -0700
- Subject: Re: where can I find the source to the cygwin setup.exe installer?
- References: <loom.20051029T081230email@example.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
> I would like to find the source of the cygwin setup program so that I can help
> them write a better installer.
> Where is the source to the cygwin setup program setup.exe?
cygwin.com -> "Cygwin Packages" <http://cygwin.com/setup.html> -> "setup
> Also, from one run to another, how does that setup.exe program determine where
> cygwin is installed on the machine?
The same way that all Cygwin binaries map paths like /usr/bin to a win32
path: the mount table.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html