Re: Timestamp not preserved by Cygwin sshd

  Alright, so the simplest solution was indeed to
switch to WinSCP client which does indeed preserve the
timestamp of the copied file correctly (and not a bad
GUI interface to boot). This resolved the
incompatibility between the -p switch from non-OpenSSH
clients and cygwin's OpenSSHD.

Thanks for the help Chris.
-Alex

P.S. Just as an aside - it turns out, however, that
now the timestamp of the folders are not preserved.
This is not a big deal but def. strange as the use of
non-OpenSSH clients preserved the folder's timestamp
(although not the files within). Odd, odd, but not a
big deal. I will direct the question to WinSCP as this
has likely nothing to do with cygwin.