Re: Please help on GCC

Ugh, top-posting...  Reformatted.

<http://cygwin.com/acronyms/#PCYMTNQREAIYR>.  Thanks.

> > On Fri, 30 Sep 2005, estech users wrote:
> >
> > > Dear all,
> > >
> > > Somebody helping me on my research work has just
> > > introduced me to your wonderful work.
> > >
> > > I am currently using Win XP, I loaded the cygwin just
> > > 2 days ago and the version of the cygcheck is 1.74 and
> > > it was compiled on July 2 2005.

BTW, I forgot to mention that this is not how you find out the version of
Cygwin you have.  See <http://cygwin.com/problems.html> for instructions
on providing information about your Cygwin installation.

> > > My problem now is that the gcc command in not found
> > > and also startx, how do I get this gcc installed
> > > because I purposely  want to use it to compile a c
> > > programs.
> > >
> > > Please help and thank you for your good work.
> >
> > <http://cygwin.com/faq/faq.setup.html#faq.setup.what-packages>.
>
> Dear Sir,
>
> Thanks so much for your quick response. I saw the
> packages but how to download the gcc files and install
> is the problem, please help me.

I believe <http://cygwin.com/faq/faq.setup.html#faq.setup.setup> is what
you're looking for.  It may be worth changing the first FAQ entry to
mention that installing extra packages happens using the same setup.exe...

If you are using setup, but having problems with installation, please
provide the exact steps you use to reproduce the problems, any error
messages you get, and other information requested in the Cygwin problem
reporting guidelines at <http://cygwin.com/problems.html>.
	Igor
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/