Re: on the road to 1.5.19 - snapshot testing needed

On Thu, 29 Sep 2005, Christopher Faylor wrote:

> So, once again, I'd like to finally release this thing and so I'm asking
> for testing help.  You all should know the drill by now but, just in case
> you don't:

This isn't a recent regression, and it may not even be supported, but I
thought I'd report it.  I'm also working on a STC, but just in case the
description is good enough to get it fixed...

When doing a fork/exec of a non-cygwin process and subsequently sending it
a signal (I know, probably not supported) the cygwin stub process receives
the signal (confirmed by strace), but it tries to call the handler
previously installed by the parent process (if there was one, and in my
case there was) instead of doing the SIG_DFL action (in this case,
exiting).  The result is that the process does not exit and hangs (both
the stub and the non-cygwin process).

If this isn't enough, please respond with "not enough info" and I'll
supply the STC, cygcheck, etc.

Thanks.

--
Brian Ford