FW: 1.5.x: Windows 2003 - no console output

I hope this won't end up as a double post. I posted it with attachments, but
didn't see it come through nor bounce. So here goes again:

> You have to understand that the reason
> I focused on all the stuff about foreign packages on the system / in the
> path is because that kind of thing turns out to be the problem very
> frequently, so it must be eliminated from the equation first.

You're right, there's a high noise-ratio in
'open-source-tech-helpdesk-lists' :) I'm sorry if I sounded somewhat
ungrateful earlier, but that was the frustration creeping through. *group
hug* :P

> Have you tried the latest snapshot release of the cygwin1.dll?

Did now ... (*silent void*) ... nothing.

> It also
> might be productive to run strace on something simple (like "id") and
> post the output to the list (as an attachment, possibly compressed) or
> on a http: link somewhere.  But, if the act of running it under strace
> causes it to work, then that might not reveal anything.

Yeah, well... as I don't know what else to do, I attached it anyway. I put a
tty and a notty version in the zip.

EDIT: I put them on a url: http://www.kalders.be/cygwin/id.tty.txt and
http://www.kalders.be/cygwin/id.notty.txt so I'm sure this mail gets trough.

I have some more information that might or might not be helpful. The OpenSSH
installation that worked before on this server, used cygwin1.dll v1.5.4
(currently, I'm using 1.5.18). I noticed that one uses SharedMemoryVersion
3, while the current ones use version 4. I'm thinking: console > stream >
memory > issues ? Just a thought. It might not be  relevant, but I find it
odd that googling on that SharedMemoryVersion barely  gives some hits.

In retrospective, I'm considering rolling back to that 1.5.4 version. This
has been occupying me all week, just to get an up-to-date ssh server. I'll
keep you posted on my course of actions anyway.

Igor