Re: FAQ Notes

On 9/25/05, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> I has been brought to my attention that the Copyright section in the FAQ
> are attempting to paraphrase the words at http://cygwin.com/licensing.html .

Done, turned http://cygwin.com/faq/faq.copyright.html#faq.what.copyright
into a link, and http://cygwin.com/faq/faq.html#faq.what.supported now reads:

Cygwin can be expected to run on all modern 32 bit versions of
Windows, except Windows CE. This includes Windows 95/98/ME/NT/2000/XP.
Since Cygwin is a community-supported free software project, patches
to provide support for other versions would be thoughtfully
considered. Paid support is available through a support contract with
Red Hat. For information about getting a Red Hat support contract, see
http://cygwin.com/license.html.

Keep in mind that Cygwin can only do as much as the underlying OS
supports. Because of this, Cygwin will behave differently, and exhibit
different limitations, on the various versions of Windows.