Re: Fwd: Lost user/group permissions after reinstallation of Cygwin

At 12:28 PM 9/17/2005, you wrote:
> [...]

Please, send only one copy of each message to the list.

 From your general description it sounds like
'/etc/postinstall/passwd-grp.sh' didn't run.  Check if this file exists
or if one with the suffix of ".done" exists.  If the latter, run the
script and rename it with the ".done" suffix.  Otherwise, check your
'/etc/passwd' and '/etc/group' files to see if your user name and group
are in these files.  If not, read 'man mkpasswd' and 'man mkgroup' to
find out how to generate the files to contain the info you need.

If none of that works or is your problem, then please read and follow
the problem reporting guidelines at:

Holliston, MA 01746