Re: A new day, a new snapshot, more testing required on the road to 1.5.19

On Thu, Sep 15, 2005 at 12:55:20AM -0400, Volker Quetschke wrote:
>>>Can you duplicate this hang at will or does it take a full run of an
>>>OpenOffice
>>>build to tickle it?
>>
>>So far (two cases) it hang in different places. It happened a few hours
>>into the build :( But I'll try to reproduce a small testcase tomorrow.
>
>I got a third hang in the same spot as the second and was able to create
>a somewhat large testcase.
>
>The following is a reduced (well 9MB zipped, 54MB unzipped) testcase for a
>hang when building OOo with cygwin snapshots 20050913 and 20050914(both).
>
>To reproduce get hang.zip from
> <http://www.openoffice.org/nonav/issues/showattachment.cgi/29572/hang.zip>
>to c:\ and start loop.csh.
>
>$ cd /cygdrive/c/solver/
>
>$ ./loop.csh
>loop
>Thu Sep 15 00:28:01     2005
>(nothing, no output) .....
>
>You will see in the windows task manager that cppumaker is doing something
>but then it will hang. cppumaker will vanish from task manager but a
>"zombie"
>perl will remain. This perl will not be mentioned in the ps output.
>
>If you CRTL-Z the script and start ps you will still see the cppumaker
>process.

I got this working after downloading msv[pr]71.dll, but I just
repeatedly get this error:

  Thu Sep 15 10:01:48 EDT 2005
  j:\tmp\solver\cppumaker.exe : init registries failed, check your registry files.

without a hang.  Is there something I should be setting up in the registry?

cgf