This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: RSync Stalling issue
- From: Jim Kleckner <jek-cygwin1 at kleckner dot net>
- To: Jonathan <jonathan at infinitedepth dot com dot au>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 08 Sep 2005 17:17:34 -0700
- Subject: Re: RSync Stalling issue
- References: <431C3841.firstname.lastname@example.org>
When backing up data off the desktop box ( debian <- windows ) the rsync
will often stall.
Note that if you can get the client to "push" the data to
the server rather than having the server "pull" it, then
there seems to be no hang problem. But firewalls often get
in the way of that.
It would appear that the only conclusion from all the threads, puts the
stalling down to a socket select mishandling (Speculation ?).
Has anyone got further information regarding this issue.
Yes I have tried the msleep(30); rsync solution.
A fellow named Bob Byrnes had some thread-related patches
that might have fixed this, but he seems to have gone away.
For context, see here:
I've been hoping that the thread-related patches being made
to cygwin might fix this but apparently that hasn't happened
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html