Cygrunsrv -windows 2k service hangs with message "Stopping"

Hello everybody...
I am using cygrunsrv.exe to install my executable in windows service list.
I used command........

cygrunsrv.exe -I "Filter" -f "Content Filtering Tool" -p
"{app}\filter.exe" -a "-c configure.xml -l filter.log -f" -c "{app}"
--stdout wss_out.log

to install my application to add in service.
And to start/stop I uses....

cygrunsrv.exe -S Filter
cygrunsrv.exe -E Filter

commands respectively...
When my application works fine, the services for that also works
properly.i.e. when I restarts/stops/starts my service (here filter),
at the time of running status of my filter.exe, it works fine. Now the
problem is, when my filter.exe crashes(i.e.stops with segmentation
fault or any other matter), the service for that application behaves
with problems. When I restarts in that situation, the service shows
"Stopping" status at the place  of "started" or any other status.I
found the only way to come out  of  that situation is to  restart the
windows2K OS(i.e. My PC).
so is there any other solution without restaring OS.
thanx