Re: NOMACHINE NX client uses cygwin

On Fri, 29 Jul 2005, Christopher Faylor wrote:

On Fri, Jul 29, 2005 at 05:29:32PM -0700, Peter A. Castro wrote:
On Fri, 29 Jul 2005, Reid Thompson wrote:

I played with NX on both linux and Windows for a few months back.  It's
got it's pros (faster that, say, VNC), and it's cons (session handling
sucks and can't re-connect from a different type of machine).  But, buy
and large, it's not all that relevent to the Cygwin list.  For those who
want to play with it, be sure you remove/rename their copy of cygwin dlls
or it'll conflict with your environment.  Oh, and when it installs, it
sets up a few mounts pointing to their stuff (like for X fonts), which
might mess up your mounts.

I could be wrong, but I think the point of the email was probably that NX uses cygwin without providing the source code for the DLL.

Hmmm... well, it would have been more informative if Reid has stated as much instead of just listing the files in the directory. I have searched Nomachines's website for references to the source, and there are none, it's true. However, I haven't tried emailing them for the source. Who is the right person to persue possible GPL violations?

cgf

as info..
uses cygwin and cygwin X

http://www.nomachine.com/screenshots1.php

WS-XP-4960: /C/Program Files/NX Client for Windows>
[snip long list of files for NX]
reid

-- Peter A. Castro <doctor@fruitbat.org> or <Peter.Castro@oracle.com> "Cats are just autistic Dogs" -- Dr. Tony Attwood