Re: Lack of des.h in openssl devel 0.9.8-1 package

On Jul  6 21:17, Richard Hodson wrote:
> Have just done a fresh install of cygwin to compile a Linux app that uses
> DES.
>
> According to "man des",  I should still be able to include <openssl/des.h>,
> but that
> file doesn't seem to exist in this release.

Wow, that was a tricky one.  It turned out to be a newly introduced
bug in the `make install' rule in two crypto subdirectories, des and
bn, which result in the "install" rule being always "up to date", so
that no files get installed.  I'll upload a fixed release today and
send the patch upstream.  Thanks for catching.

Corinna

Red Hat, Inc.